首頁 > 藝術

職場技巧- 團隊工作必備英語 English for working in a team

由 英語東 發表于 藝術2023-01-26

簡介When you‘re working on a team project, you will be given tasks to do or responsibilities to complete

play on a team什麼意思

職場技巧- 團隊工作必備英語 English for working in a team

14:15

Hi。 I‘m Martin, Welcome to Oxford Online English!

你好。 我是馬丁,歡迎來到牛津大學線上英語課程!

In this business English lesson, you can learn useful language to talk about collaborative projects and working in a team。

在本節商務英語課程中,你可以學到有用的語言來談論協作專案和團隊工作。

You’ll learn words and phrases to talk about teamwork, assigning tasks, staying on schedule and more。

你將學習談論團隊合作、分配任務、按時完成等的單詞和短語。

Do you find it difficult to listen to English for long periods?

你是否覺得長時間聽英語很困難呢?

No problem — use the English subtitles to help yourself understand!

沒問題的——使用英文字幕來幫助自己理解吧!

Turn them on now; just click the ‘CC’ button in the bottom right of your video player。

現在就可以開啟;只需點選影片播放器右下角的“CC”按鈕。

Or, on mobile, click the settings button。

如果是在移動裝置上的話,請單擊設定按鈕。

Now, let‘s get started with the first part of your lesson。

現在,讓我們開始課程的第一部分吧。

In many workplaces, you might be asked to join a team project。

在很多工作場所,你可能會被要求加入團隊專案。

Sometimes the project involves colleagues from the same department, but you may also work with people from different departments or even different companies。

有時專案涉及來自同一部門的同事,但你也可能與來自不同部門甚至不同公司的人一起工作。

Here’s a question for you。

這裡有一個問題要問你。

Look at a phrase with a missing word。

來看一個缺少單詞的短語。

There are many verbs you could use here。

你可以在這裡使用很多動詞。

How many can you think of?

你能想到幾個?

Pause the video and see how many you can get。

暫停影片,看看你能想到多少。

There are many, but here are some common possibilities。

其實是有很多的,但這裡有一些常見的。

You can ‘form a team’, create a team‘, or ’build a team‘ — these all have a similar meanings。

你可以“組建一個團隊”,“建立一個團隊”,或者“建立一個團隊”——這些含義相似。

You’ll hear phrases like ‘form a team’, create a team‘, and ’build a team‘。

你可以聽到諸如“組建團隊”、“建立團隊”和“建立團隊”之類的短語。

You may even be asked to lead a team。

你甚至可能被要求領導一個團隊。

In this situation, you might say you ’run the team‘ or ’head the team‘。

在這種情況下,你可能會說“管理團隊”或“領導團隊”。

You can also say that you are the team lead。

你也可以說你是團隊負責人。

Let’s listen to a dialogue about two colleagues who have just started working together on a project。

讓我們聽聽兩位剛開始合作一個專案的同事的對話。

While you listen, see if you can hear two more expressions。

聽的時候,看看你能不能再聽到兩個表達。

One: an expression for joining a team project。

一:加入團隊專案的表達。

Two: an expression for working together on a project。

二:共同完成一個專案的表達。

Ready?

準備好了嗎?

Watch the dialogue now。

開始看對話吧。

It‘s great to have you on board for this project。

很高興你加入這個專案。

Glad to be here!

很高興來到這裡!

I think it’s good to join forces on this。

我認為我們一起合作是很棒的。

By the way, who else is going to be involved?

順便說一句,還有誰會參與其中呢?

Well, as you know, I‘m the team lead, but Sarah, Mark and Jennifer are also going to be working with us。

好的,如您所知,我是團隊負責人,但薩拉、馬克和詹妮弗也將與我們一起工作。

Oh really?

真的嗎?

That…

Er…

Something wrong?

那……

額……

有什麼不對的嗎?

Well, I’m not sure if you know, but Mark and Jennifer don‘t get along too well。

好吧,我不確定你是否知道,但馬克和詹妮弗相處得不太好。

There have been issues previously…

Really?

他們之前有過過節……

真的嗎?

I wasn’t aware of that。

我不知道哎。

What‘s the issue between them?

他們之間有什麼問題呢?

Well, Mark isn’t a team player。

嗯,馬克不是一個團隊合作者。

He tends to do his own thing。

他傾向於自己做自己的事。

Well, we need the team to gel for this project。

好的,我們需要團隊合作為這個專案做好準備。

I‘ll talk to them, and if they can’t commit to working together, then I‘ll try to find someone else。

我會和他們談談,如果他們不能一起工作的話,那麼我會試著找其他人。

Did you hear the expressions?

你聽到這些表達了嗎?

Let’s look at them together。

讓我們一起來看看吧。

The expression for joining a team project was ‘on board’。

加入團隊專案的表達方式是“on board”。

You heard ‘it’s great to have you on board for this project‘。

你聽打了“很高興你能參與這個專案”。

You can use this phrase in other ways。

你可以以其他方式使用這個短語。

For example: ’how many people have you got on board already?‘

Meaning: how many people are already on the team?

例如:“已經有多少人加入了?”

意思是:團隊中有多少人?

The expression for working together on a project was ’join forces‘。

在一個專案上合作的表達是“聯合力量”。

The sentence was ’I think it‘s good to join forces on this。’

In the dialogue, you heard Mark‘s name mentioned。

這句話是“我認為我們一起合作是很棒的。”

在對話中,你聽到提到了馬克的名字。

Can you remember what was said about him?

你還記得關於他的那些話嗎?

You heard ’he isn‘t a team player’。

你聽到了“他不是團隊合作者”。

This means that he doesn‘t work well in a team。

意味著他不擅長團隊工作。

You also heard ’he tends to do his own thing‘, and this means the same — that Mark doesn’t work well with other people。

你也聽到了“他傾向於自己做自己的事”,意思是一樣的——馬克不擅長與其他人合作。

You also heard ‘we need the team to gel’。

你還聽到了“我們需要團隊通力合作”。

What does ‘gel’ mean?

“Gel”是什麼意思?

‘Gel’ means everyone gets on with each other and works well together。

“Gel”意味著每個人都相處融洽,合作得很好。

Here‘s another example: The project was a disaster。

這是另一個例子:這個專案是一場災難。

The team never really gelled and there were constant arguments。

團隊從來沒有真正團結過,而且爭論不斷。

If you say ’the team never really gelled‘, you mean that people couldn’t work well together。

如果你說“團隊從來沒有真正團結過”,你的意思是大家不能很好地合作。

When you‘re working on a team project, you will be given tasks to do or responsibilities to complete。

當你在一個團隊專案中工作時,你會被賦予要完成的任務或要履行的責任。

Let’s look at the language for these situations now。

現在讓我們看看這些情況下使用的語言吧。

A project usually has several tasks, that are shared between team members。

一個專案通常有幾個任務,在團隊成員之間分擔。

You can talk about sharing tasks, or you can talk about allocating tasks。

你可以說分擔任務,也可以說分配任務。

They have a similar meaning。

它們具有相似的含義。

A team leader can allocate tasks to team members。

團隊領導可以將任務分配給團隊成員。

This is called delegating。

這稱為委託。

A team lead might prioritise tasks。

團隊領導可能會優先考慮任務。

This means that the most important tasks are completed first。

這意味著最重要的任務首先完成。

Let‘s listen to another dialogue。

我們再聽一段對話。

While you listen, think about two questions。

聽的時候,思考兩個問題。

One: What language does the team lead use for allocating tasks?

一:團隊領導使用了什麼語言來分配任務?

Two: What language does the team lead use for giving instructions?

二:團隊領導使用什麼語言下達指令?

Ready?

準備好了嗎?

Let’s listen。

讓我們聽一下吧。

There are a few more tasks that need to be completed。

還有一些任務需要完成。

Mark and Sarah are still working on the designs, aren‘t they?

馬克和莎拉還在設計,對吧?

Yeah, and Jennifer is doing the written copy。

是的,詹妮弗正在做書面副本。

Would you be able to sort out the printing?

你能整理一下印刷品嗎?

Yes, certainly。

是的,當然了。

I can do that。

我可以的。

It might be best to get the prices first。

最好先了解價格。

Sure。

好的。

I’ll phone around and see how much it will be。

我會打電話過去看看多少錢。

Do you think you can do it before the weekend?

你覺得你可以在週末之前完成嗎?

Of course。

當然了。

That won‘t be a problem。

沒問題。

How did you get on?

聽得怎麼樣?

Did you notice that the language used sounded very polite?

你是否注意到所使用的語言聽起來很有禮貌?

In English, it’s usual to give instructions in this polite way。

在英語中,通常以這種禮貌的方式給出指示。

Let‘s look at the phrases from the dialogue together。

讓我們一起來看看對話中的短語。

To allocate the task, the team lead said ’would you be able to sort out the printing?‘

It sounds like a question, doesn’t it?

要分配任務,團隊負責人說“你能整理一下印刷品嗎?”

這聽起來像是一個問題,對吧?

But the team lead is allocating a task。

但是團隊負責人是在分配任務。

This actually means ‘sort out the printing’ ; it‘s not actually a question。

這實際上意味著需要去“整理印刷品”;其實並不是一個問題。

So what language did the team lead use to give instructions?

那麼團隊領導使用什麼語言來下達指令呢?

There were two instructions。

有兩條指令。

Can you remember them?

你能記住它們嗎?

The first was ’it might be best to get some prices first。‘

This sounds like a suggestion, but it’s actually an instruction。

第一個是“最好先了解一下價格。”

這聽起來像是一個建議,但它實際上是一個指令。

It means ‘get some prices first。’

You can use ‘it might be best to…’ to give instructions or make suggestions in an indirect, polite way。

這意味著“先了解一下價格。”

你可以使用“最好是……”以間接、禮貌的方式提供指示或建議。

The second was ‘do you think you can do it before the weekend?’

Again, the language is very polite, so this sounds like a question。

第二個是“你認為能在週末之前完成嗎?”

同樣地,語言非常有禮貌,所以聽起來像是一個問題。

It‘s an instruction, though。

不過,這是一個指令。

It means ’do it before the weekend。‘

This is common when you want to be indirect or polite。

意思是“在週末之前做完”。

當你想要表現得間接或禮貌時,這很常見。

You might hear ’questions‘ like ’would you be able to handle the animation work?‘

Again, these aren’t really questions。

你可能會聽到諸如“你可以處理動畫工作嗎?”之類的“問題”。

同樣,這些都不是真正的問題。

They‘re polite instructions。

它們是禮貌的指令。

Sometimes you might want to check that you’ve understood the tasks or check some information。

有時你可能想要檢查你是否理解任務或核對一些資訊。

Let‘s look at how to do that next。

接下來讓我們看看如何做吧。

Pop quiz: what’s a word beginning with ‘c’ which means to check information, or make something clearer?

小測驗:意思是檢查資訊,或者讓事情更清楚的以“c”開頭的單詞是什麼?

Here‘s a hint: you saw this word on screen a few seconds ago。

提示:幾秒鐘前你在螢幕上看到了這個詞。

The answer is ’clarify‘。

答案是“澄清”。

When working in a team, you might need to clarify instructions or other information; you need to check that you’ve understood what you need to do。

在進行團隊工作時,你可能需要澄清說明或其他資訊;你需要檢查你是否理解你需要做什麼。

In this your next dialogue, there are four phrases for checking instructions。

在你的下一個對話中,有四個用於檢查說明的短語。

See if you can hear them as you listen。

看看你能不能在聽的時候發現它們。

So, when the designs are ready, would you be able to label them?

所以設計準備好之後,你是否能夠給它們貼上標籤呢?

What exactly do you mean by label them?

你說的給它們貼標籤到底是什麼意思呢?

Just put headings on them。

只需給它們加上個標題。

Something simple。

簡單一點就行。

OK, but I‘m still not entirely clear what you’re looking for。

好的,但我仍然不太清楚你期待的是什麼樣子的。

Do you want descriptive titles, or…?

你想要描述性的標題,還是……?

Yes, just a simple title so that we can organise the files and keep track of what‘s where。

是的,只需要一個簡單的標題,以便我們可以組織檔案並跟蹤檔案所在的位置。

Can I just check whether you also want serial numbers on them?

我可以確認一下是否也需要序列號嗎?

I do, yes。

是的。

And some sort of reference too, please。

也請提供一些參照。

When you say reference, do you mean a file name?

參照的意思,您是指檔名嗎?

Yes。

是的。

So each design will have a heading, a number and a reference。

所以每個設計都有一個標題、一個數字和一個參照。

Sorry, can you just run through that again?

對不起,你能再說一遍嗎?

How did you do?

你做得怎麼樣?

Did you hear any of the phrases for clarifying?

你有沒有聽到任何澄清的短語呢?

The first one you heard was ’what exactly do you mean by label them?‘

You can use ’what exactly do you mean by…‘, to check a specific part of the information。

你聽到的第一句話是“你說的給它們貼上標籤是什麼意思呢?”

你可以使用“你的意思是……”來檢查資訊的特定部分。

For example, ’what exactly do you mean by complete?‘

The second one in the dialogue was ’can I just check whether you want numbers on them?‘

You can say ’can I just check whether‘ or ’can I just check if‘。

例如,“您所說的完整是什麼意思呢?”

對話中的第二個是“我可以確認一下你是否需要數字嗎?”

你可以說“我可以確認一下嗎”或“我可以確認一下嗎”。

They mean the same。

意思是一樣的。

For example, you could say ’can I just check whether you need hard copies of the contracts?‘

Or: ’can I just check if you need hard copies of the contracts?‘

The third one you heard was ’when you say reference, do you mean a file name?‘

This is another way to check a specific part of the information。

例如,你可以說“我可以確認一下您是否需要合同的影印件嗎?”

或者:“我可以確認一下您是否需要合同的影印件嗎?”

你聽到的第三個是“你說的參照是檔名的意思嗎?”

這是檢查確認資訊特定部分的另一種方法。

You can use this for other things, too: ’when you say …, do you mean…?‘

For example ’when you say Friday, do you mean this Friday, or next week?‘

The last one in the dialogue was ’sorry, can you just run through that again?‘

’Run through‘ is a phrasal verb which means to explain or summarise something from beginning to end。

你也可以將其用於其他用途:“您說……的意思是……?”

例如,“你說的星期五是指這個星期五還是下週?”

對話中的最後一句是“對不起,你能再講一遍嗎?”

“Run through”是一個短語動詞,意思是從頭到尾解釋或總結某事。

It’s a useful phrase if you want someone to repeat the instructions。

如果你希望有人重複說明以下情況的話,這是一個有用的短語。

What‘s next?

接下來是什麼呢?

You’re working on your team project, but how is everything going?

你正在處理你的團隊專案,但進展如何呢?

You need to check in and monitor your team‘s progress。

你需要確認並監控團隊的進度。

Let’s move on。

讓我們繼續吧。

I‘d like to have regular updates on the project。

我想定期更新專案進度。

No problem。

沒問題。

I’ll keep you in the loop。

我會讓你隨時瞭解情況。

It‘s important that we keep on schedule, so let me know if there are any issues。

重要的是我們要按計劃進行,所以如果有任何問題,請告訴我。

So far, the only issue has been with the children’s designs。

到目前為止,唯一的問題是孩子們的設計。

They‘re taking a lot more time that I expected。

他們那邊花費的時間比我預期的要多得多。

Well, we could shelve that idea for now。

好吧,我們可以暫時擱置這個想法。

Then we can stay on track; we can always come back to it later。

然後我們就可以按計劃進行; 我們可以稍後再回來看一看。

Ok, that’s a good idea。

好主意。

I think it‘s better if we keep to the deadline。

我認為如果我們遵守截止日期會更好。

I agree。 It is。

我同意。好的。

In the dialogue, you heard some expressions related to schedules and deadlines。

在對話中,你聽到了一些與日程安排和截止日期相關的表達方式。

Do you remember any?

你能記住嗎?

You heard ’keep on schedule‘, ’stay on track‘ and ’keep to the deadline‘。

你到了“按時完成”、“按計劃進行”和“遵守最後期限”。

’Keep on schedule‘ and ’stay on track‘ are similar。

“按計劃進行”和“按計劃進行”是相似的。

They both mean that work is finished on time and you don’t fall behind。

它們的意思都是工作按時完成,不會落後。

‘Keep to the deadline’ means that the whole project will be ready on time。

“按時完成”意味著整個專案將按時準備就緒。

You can use the verb ‘stick to’ instead of ‘keep’ with the same meaning。

你可以使用動詞“堅持”而不是“保持”,意思相同。

So you can say ‘stick to the schedule’ or ‘stick to the deadline’。

所以你可以說“按時完成”或“遵守最後期限”。

You also heard some expressions relating to monitoring progress in the dialogue。

你還聽到了一些有關監督對話進展的表述。

Can you remember?

你能記住什麼嗎?

Pause the video if you want time to think about it。

如果你需要時間考慮一下,請暫停影片。

Do you know?

你知道嗎?

Here are the answers。

答案在這裡。

How would you explain the meaning of these phrases?

你會如何解釋這些短語的含義?

‘I’d like to have regular updates‘ means you want your team to communicate with you and tell you how the project is going from day to day or week to week。

“我想要定期更新進度”意味著你希望團隊與你溝通並告訴你專案每天或每週的進展情況。

’I‘ll keep you in the loop’ means ‘I’ll keep you informed‘。

“我會讓你瞭解情況”的意思是“我會告訴你情況”。

There’s an opposite expression ‘out of the loop’。

有一個相反的表達“out of the loop”。

If you‘re out of the loop, you aren’t communicating with other team members and you don‘t know what’s going on。

如果你處於局外的話,就是沒有與其他團隊成員交流,你不知道發生了什麼。

Finally, you also heard the expression ‘we could shelve that idea for now’。

最後,你還聽到了“我們可以暫時擱置這個想法”的表達。

What does this mean?

這是什麼意思呢?

If you shelve something, you stop working on it for now。

如果你擱置了一件事情,意思是現在停止工作。

You put it aside, and maybe you come back to it later。

你把它放在一邊,也許你稍後會回來繼續做。

That‘s everything。

就這麼多了。

Thanks for watching。

感謝觀看。

See you next time!

下次見!

Tags:Team團隊DoProjectmean